Monday, November 9, 2009

my mothers surprise birthday

for a month and a half me and bunch of my family members have been planning this surprise birthday party for my mother. i had to burn 400 discs and create labels and CD cases and purchase and brand new royal blue iPod Nano (5th generation). oh yeah the reason we went all out was because it was her 50th birthday. i also had to creat a slideshow with pictures of my mother from when sh was just a baby until her adulthood today. the party had been all planned out the guestlist made and every thing that had been planned was not done and set. the actual party was on novemeber 7th although her birthday is on novemeber 2nd. me my girlfriend and my cousin shinka walked to the venue at 7 and we helped set up with a lot of my family. my mom was scheduled to arrived at 8 so everyone was hurry to make sure that this was picture perfect. the food was all setup and the smell of potato salad, macaroni salad,baked chicken, fish, yellow rice, string beans, cornbread, macaroni and cheese, bbq chicken, and sweet corn filled the room. when she didn't show up at 8 people started getting rowdy and by this time about half of the drinks virgin and not virgin had already been consumed. it had been an hour now 9 o'clock every is waiting on my mom to arrive and starting to get pissed and kinda worried. my sister was ordered to called my mother and figure out where she was and lure her towards the venue. she was located and on her way to the party. it was 9:30 and we were all told that she was coming up the steps we turned the lights off and stood in silence. as she walked in the room...SURPRISE! The room lit up and I don't know if was excitement from my mother or for the fact that they could finally eat food. after the noise died down my mom announced that she came at 9:30 on purpose and she was fucking with us the whole time! she had known about the fucking party since October 15th...unsurprisngly the party still went on great but some people were disappointed I myself enjoyed the macaroni and cheese and assortment of beverages.

~Boogey

No comments:

Post a Comment